Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where is best Sanur or Seminyak?

Hi everyone, I am going to Bali for 7 night in May while I visit Singapore. I have spoken to a friend who went to Bali a while ago and se recommends Sanur. I would like to stay somewhere with a nice beach and a traditional Bali feel to it. I am worried that Seminyak is a bit close to Kuta and the more touristy areas. I want to stay in a nice traditionally decorated place as I am going with my Fiance and want it to be quite romantic. Haven%26#39;t seen him for 3 months and I%26#39;m organising the whole trip myself!! An advice from anyone would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! Thanks :)



Where is best Sanur or Seminyak?


Sanur and Seminyak are similar in alot of respects and different in others.





Seminyak is the (for want of a better word) yuppy area with more glitzy boutiques and restaurants. It%26#39;s a great place to stay and it is far enough away from Kuta so that it is still quiet and relaxing.





Sanur has a more village, community feel to it. There are great restaurants, shopping and facilities here as well. Sanur is my personal favourite as I just like the general feel of the area.





You would be happy, I%26#39;m sure staying in either area.



Where is best Sanur or Seminyak?


sanur would probably suit you better. it is a traditional fishing village. there are small fishing boats on the shore and a lot of boutique balinese style hotels to suit. the beach here is more relaxed and has a calm water. seminyak has waves suitable for surfing. seminyak is closer to kuta yet it is away from the bustle. i still find it busier here compared to sanur. if you are still unsure you could always stay say 3 nights in seminyak and 4 in sanur. it only takes approx 30 minutes to get from one area to another.




I am a Seminyak fan myself- I just love it. It is not close to Kuta at all - a short drive and yet miles away, if you know what I mean. The restaurants are fantastic in Seminyak and the shopping is far better, in my opinion.





If you are young then Seminyak would probably be more your scene but having said that why not do as Snooky suggest and split your time between the two?




Both are nice, Sanur has perhaps more charm and character in my opinion, but in Seminyak if you wander down some of the little side streets you find some lovely little local temples and examples of Balinese architecture. Seminyak has it%26#39;s Eat Street with all the nice restaurants, Sanur has some nice beachfront dining. If you%26#39;re torn and have the time, then split your holiday to get the best of both worlds.





ilab - are you a yuppy then? :)




If you want a more traditional Bali feel and romance get right away from Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur and go to Amed.



You can stay in a beautiful hotel with stunning views and spend the time lazing, snorkelling and eating good fresh fish.




I%26#39;ve met Ilab and yes, Noodles, she is a very nice yuppy and I mean that with the deepest respect and most of the emphasis on the y for young.




Creep!;)




I like both places and it%26#39;s a good idea as people have said to spend time in both places if you can, a couple of things to bear in mind though is that it%26#39;s hard to swim in the sea in Seminyak as the waves are pretty big while the reef in Sanur keeps the water calm and if you want sunsets and walks on the beach then you need Seminyak as the sun in Sanur drops behind the palms from 4pm and there is very little sun on the beach by then. Sorry if this sounds obvious. Cheers




Thanks to everyone for their help here! I think that spending a little time in both places may be a good idea. I don%26#39;t want to feel like I have missed out on anything! All I have to do now is try and find somewhere to stay!




That%26#39;s the easy part - lol





Thanks Whinnie for the %26#39;y%26#39; for young! I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment