Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is there life in Mangsit?

I know that Mangsit is only a 10 min cheap taxi/bemo ride to Senggigi, but apart from hotels, is there anything else in Mangsit? Restaurants (not linked to hotels) or shops? Or is it just deadly quiet?





Cheers.



Is there life in Mangsit?


it%26#39;s pretty quiet, a few hawkers on the beach and a few small hotels... there is one bar from what I can remember right on the beach just up from Quici villas which opens in the evening, can%26#39;t remember the name either but I never went as I was usually getting a bemo to Sengiggi to eat, mind you the food at quici villas was great. I was last there 2 years ago so maybe things have changed, but I have to say that there didn%26#39;t look to be a lot of development in the offing



Is there life in Mangsit?


Eek, sounds a little too quiet for my taste. Will take a look at Senggigi.





Thanks for the quick response.




Mangsit is quiet. Qunci has good food. There was also a nice relaxing sundowner place on the beach amongst old coconut palms etc - small sign on road ';Coco Beach';, nothing flash, perhaps more shabby chic, run by a Frenchman and his Indonesian wife.




Mangsit is indeed quiet, but offers some of the best accommodation on Lombok Island.



By pushbike it might 10 minutes away from Senggigi, by taxi though it can%26#39;t be more than 4, since it%26#39;s only 3 kms north of it.




Thanks, I was actually looking at the Windy Beach. Are there taxis are bemos regularly running past Mangsit, or is it a matter of calling a cab from the hotel?




yes there are bemos and taxis running past Mangsit frequently, I never had a problem getting into Sengiggi and only if it was late did I need to get a taxi back, some restarants will send a taxi to pick you up if you call them to eat in their place. You can also easily hire a moto in Sengiggi if you need complete freedom




HNB apart from gili trawangan all of lombok is pretty quiet. RT




Thanks very much for the info guys.





Rock - I must admit that I%26#39;m not a partying type of dude (for goodness sake, my fave resort on Bali is Sanur!!), so have discounted Gili T for this reason. Should I dust off my jesters hat and glow sticks though and consider it? Is there more life there than Lombok. By life I mean good selection of restaurants, bit of shopping, chilled out bars.




yeah... you know I would consider it, I%26#39;ve done Meno, Air and Trawangan and it%26#39;s Trawangan I go back to, if you stay on the north or the west it%26#39;s quiet and you can dip in to the bar restaurant scene when you fancy it, or indeed escape to Meno (really quiet). When I was in Mangsit, I liked it, but I found Sengiggi a bit run down... it rained a lot so maybe I%26#39;m being unfair... and driving through last September it didn%26#39;t seem any more appealing. Mind you, as a base for exploring Rinjani or the centre the Gilis are not much cop, so maybe plan to visit both




agree with above. i found sengiggi a little run down as well and same with kuta.





gili t has the best food and it is pretty. there are lots of people to talk to and we are back again in april.





HNB i would recommend lombok and gilis. they are much quieter than bali but i liked its laid back feel. there are restaurants but less shops than bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment