Tuesday, March 30, 2010

advice needed - travel

Hey guys, we are traveling to Bali for our honeymoon and need a little advice.





We will be spending four nights in Ubud and the final two is Sanur but need help with what to do in between.





We had planned to travel straight from Bali to the Gilli but am worried that we will miss out on the joys of Lombok that way.





Can you guys give me some ideas of where to go in Lombok that would be as private and secluded as the Gillis or let me know whether you think we are doing the right thing heading there?





thanks, T xx



advice needed - travel


Tallulah, I don%26#39;t mean to sound rude, but you seem to be all over the place trying to plan this honeymoon. I really understand that this is a huge deal and you want it to be perfect and to be able to see and do as much as you can, but the fact is that you won%26#39;t be able to see and do it all. Alot of us on here are well into double figures (some even triple) with our trips to Bali and we still haven%26#39;t seen and done it all.





You need to decide what you want from this trip and plan from there. When I feel like you obviously do about a trip (overwhelmed with choice of the best way to spend our time), I stop, take a breath, and then always assume I will be back to that destination. If there is so much there that interests me, then I have to assume that I will be coming back at a later date. I would go mad otherwise. Believe me, you will not enjoy your trip if you try to cram to much in, I%26#39;ve been there, done that.





You and your partner need to sit down and make some hard decisions and accept the fact that you are not going to be able to do everything you want.





We are only too happy to give advice on what is available in each area, but we can%26#39;t make your decisions for you.





Both Lombok and the Gilis are great places that offer different options. The Gilis is really just relax on the beach and water activities. Great if that is all you want to do. Lombok is different again, village life and tourist amenities but a different race of people to the Balinese (more reserved) and not as hectic as southern Bali.





Sorry to sound so harsh, but you will drive yourself mad if you keep second guessing yourself all the time.



advice needed - travel


Tallulah I agree with Whinnie depending on how much time you have, but moving around all the time gets tedious and you waste so much time packing up and getting from here to there.



We went to Lombok years ago it was very quite and we didn%26#39;t find it very friendly.It may have changed by now. Ubud and Sanur sound good to me. We are going in August staying in Sanur and Legian 16 days.



Hope you have a lovely honeymoon.





Cheers harro

No comments:

Post a Comment