Monday, December 12, 2011

Which one is better? Discovery or Ramada Bintang Bali?

I am planning to go to Bali in April only for three nights. Last time, I stayed in Padma Bali and I loved it very much. But I would like to try other hotel this time.



This time I would like to stay in Santika Beach Hotel. Unfortunately, it is fully booked.



Next hotels in my list are Discovery Kartika Plaza and Ramada Bintang Bali, but I can%26#39;t really decide, since travelers%26#39; reviews are kind of mixed.



The most important factor for me is the bathroom. Better if it is not too small and has bath up.



Other than visiting spa and having lunch/dinner, I guess I will stay at the hotel most of the times.



Please advise which one should I choose.



Thanks.



Which one is better? Discovery or Ramada Bintang Bali?


I can%26#39;t comment on Ramada but have stayed at Kartika Plaza three times in the last 4 years, always found the service excellent and location is fantastic.





We stay in the ocean facing rooms and the bathroom,whilst you could not describe as luxurious, is always clean and has everything you require.





May I suggest the spa at the Green Garden Beach Resort, they have wonderful packages and really reasonable prices.





Have a great time, we will be there in May for 3 weeks and I can%26#39;t wait!!



Which one is better? Discovery or Ramada Bintang Bali?


Both are great resorts. The upside of Discovery is the location being closer to everything, having the mall out the front. No doubt Ramada will be cheaper than Discovery. Ramada about a 10min walk down from Discovery. Both have large rooms.




If i had a choice i%26#39;d pick the Discovery




Hi there, have just returned from Bali yesterday, and were staying next to the Discovery and it looked like a very nice well spread out property - beach frontage. If we were to go to Kuta again we would probably stay there. Have you looked at other properties in Legian or Seminyak as that looked like a nicer option than Kuta which is noisy and congested??




Hi, there.





Thanks all for your inputs.



Unfortunately, it was too late to get a room in Discovery. Being long week end in Indonesia on that particular week end, I think people from Jakarta already booked from long time ago :(



I decided to try Kokonut suites at Petitenget this time.





Delva, thanks for the spa suggestion. Will find time to check that one. On my last visit to Bali (earlier this month), I tried Balisari Spa Center in Tuban. I read about it the forum and decided to try. It was good, service was excellent and the prices are very reasonable. I tried stony massage and Rice goddes body spa packages. Two days in a row! :)





Nearing40, I stayed in Padma Bali at Legian. The beach was less crowded, it was not private beach though. But compare to Jayakarta, the beach was too crowded. If you don%26#39;t mind with dark sands, you may try Sofitel Seminyak. Can%26#39;t really say much about the hotel, since I have never stay there, but they have private beach and very popular. Tried to book 2 nights there last time and it was fully booked! I would love to stay there sometime.




Have a good holiday! if you don%26#39;t have any luck with that accomodation, on our holiday we also stayed at The Bali Hyatt - Sanur and would strongly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment