Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Griya Santrian

Hi All





I am staying at the Griya at xmas for 3 weeks and am booked in a garden wing room! I have heard bad reports about these rooms...





Reading a few reports, i gather these rooms are being updated! Is it worth upgrading or have these rooms now been renovated?





Thanks for your help in advance





craig



Griya Santrian


Hi,



I stayed in a garden room 1st-4th August. Like you I was concerned as I%26#39;d read that they were in dire need of renovations. I tried to upgrade to no avail. I was informed that some of the rooms would have been upgraded by the time I arrived but they couldn%26#39;t guarantee me one of these.So we arrived with low expectations.



HOWEVER our room was lovely, the bathroom had been renovated %26amp; I couldn%26#39;t find a single fault with it.There were flowers on our bed on arrival, a welcome card to us and friendly staff to greet us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there %26amp; would definately stay again. There is now also a new swimming pool in the garden room area which makes 3 pools in total.



I didn%26#39;t actually ask whether all the garden rooms had been renovated but you could email Miss Ance at the hotel %26amp; ask.Hope this helps



Ursie



Griya Santrian


Helo Ursie,





We are planning on staying at the Griya next year and not sure which room type to choose.





We are considering either the garden or beach deluxe rooms. Did you get a chance to check these out?





Thanks





Glenys




Hi,



I would quite happily stay in a standard garden room again as they were very roomy. I%26#39;d booked a twin room but our room actually had a double bed %26amp; also a single bed.I didn%26#39;t actually look in any of the other rooms. I presume the deluxe beach rooms were the ones I passed on the way to the restaurant/beach. They looked very nice from the outside.I%26#39;ve just looked through my photos but haven%26#39;t got any pictures of them. I will be posting photos of our room at Griya within next few days. Or if you want to PM me with your email address I%26#39;d be happy to send them to you.



Ursie




Hi,



In the photos I posted there%26#39;s one of a black water feature, in the background there%26#39;s a bungalow, this may be one of the deluxe bungalows. These were more upmarket than the other bungalows near the pool/beach



Ursie






Hi Ursie





Thanks for your reply and the photos





I%26#39;m sure will we enjoy our holiday







craig




we have just returned from the Gryia Santrian and we have booked a standard garden room, however, we were upgraded on arrival to a beach room, which was very nice. I think this was becuase it was a quiet time for the hotel. While being close to the beach and the main pool was nice, it can also be quite noisy in this zone - we were woken up each morning by breakfast sounds/music. We walked through the garden area and this looks all very nice, with a new pool down there, but didnt see into the rooms.




Hi Craig: Just wondering how you liked the Griya? We have also booked the Griya garden room for three weeks in February and would like a heads up as to what to expect. Do you know if the garden rooms have been renovated and how far from the pool and the beach are they. Any other info you could give us regarding shopping and restaurnats would be greatly appreciated. Thanks from the Canadians




Hi Craig, just wondered how yr Feb holiday went. We%26#39;re staying there in April. Looking forward to Sanur.




Hi,



There are 2 pools in the garden room area, plus loungers etc. It%26#39;s a short walk from here through the gardens to the restaurant/other pool %26amp; beach, only 2 or 3 minutes at the most. Griya is in a central location on the beach/main road so in a good position for shops %26amp; restaurants. You can either head north or south as you leave the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment