Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advise needed on a Dentist in Bali

Hi,

I am travelling to Bali in just under 2 weeks and very much need to get some dental work done. I have looked at the forums and Dr Rudy seems very popular as does Dr Sucipto.

I contacted Dr Rudy and have been quoted the following prices

Filling Rp 400,000

Crown Rp 2,500 000

Home Bleaching Rp 1,500 000

Not sure how much people have paid for their crowns but so far everyone thats posted seems to have paid no more than 500,000 for home bleaching. Can%26#39;t understand why I have been quoted 3 times as much?

I really need to get some cost comparisons and would appreciate any guidance. Have seen there is a dentist called Repta in Sanur which is where I%26#39;ll be staying. I called her and she asked me to send a fax but it doesn%26#39;t work and the line was too bad to get costs over the phone.

Help!!!

Thank you

Advise needed on a Dentist in Bali

Hi Minx,

There was a recent poster saying that the dentist in Denpasar that is recommended realised that he was too cheap and has upped his prices for bleaching from 500,000rp to 2.3m.

Can you post the details for Repta. I will be in Sanur in 1.5 weeks and also needs to get a few fillings replaced.

Fran

Advise needed on a Dentist in Bali

Hi I am going to get some work done while over there I have been in contact with the dentist here is the reply that I got from him. we will be very happy to help you with your dental treatment need, give us a call at 766255 when you are in Bali we are at Mal Bali Galeria, Simpang Dewa Ruci Kuta Bali.

Thank you

Regards

RUDYARD SALINDEHO


I still haven%26#39;t been able to get hold of Repta but here is her number +62 361.288.501

Also received a recommendation for a lady called Syamsiar Adam +62-361-764848 have not got through to her either.

It seems that some are still doing home bleaching for 500,000 so it would be good if someone else came through with some prices quoted to see if we%26#39;re on the same page as I need crowns etc so can really only afford to pay the going rate as I will never get it done here in Sydney. and if anyone does get hold of either of the above then let me know!!

Thanks


Thanks for that.


Have just received an e-mail back from Syamsiar Adam and she has to see your teeth first for bleaching but she does the %26#39;led light%26#39; it%26#39;s called beyond whitening - guessing that%26#39;s laser? Anyway prices are as follows

Whitening Rp.1.500.000.

Crown : PFM (porcelain fused metal) Rp. 1.200.000, Pure Porcelain Rp. 2.000.000.

Filling between 100.000 - 300.000.

I don%26#39;t the difference between PFM crown and pure porcelain as I haven%26#39;t had one before, what is generally done?

I%26#39;m quite happy with these prices especially the laser whitening.


Hi all, After checking websites and on advise from Baii International Med Cent. I had work done at Bali Galaria. Prices were as above, the dental assistants were great but the dentist was the worst. It was clearly the worst and most painfull dental experience ever. He started drilling to perform a root canal without anesthetic and after complaining about the pain said -of course it hurts I will have to give you a needle if you want it to stop (no sht Sherlock). I had the needle which was as thick as a 4 inch nail and that only took the edge off the pain. He was pushing so hard with drill that it keeped on stopping under the load.etc etc.

I now have a crown on my tooth that still hurts.My advice is dont go there.Dont do it.

I am going back to Bali in 4 weeks so if anyone find a good dentist please let me know. Thanks.

Hope this helps. c


OMG !! That is such a scary story !!!!

Imagine if infection sets in ! That wud be my

biggest fear! Good luck with that one !


Hi Sydneyminx,

Hope you enjoyed your holiday, did you manage to see a dentist and how did it go.

I,m interested in the whitening would love to hear how you got on.

Thanks Jan


Hi there,

Yes dentist was good, I ended up with a crown and laser whitening plus the home kit.

I didn%26#39;t think the laser worked very well but what she explained is that when you have the laser it prepares the teeth so that when you use the home kit you get a much better result. The home kit is where they make a mould of your teeth, send it off to get the guards made and then she gives you 4 tubes of gel which you squeeze in and leave in for an hour. I%26#39;m happy with the result.

What I would say is that it was all very time consuming, infact 4 visits for me but she sees people at night alot of the time. Where are you staying? I was in Sanur and in Ubud so it was a bit painful getting taxi%26#39;s all the time and costly but when you weigh it up against the costs in Australia they don%26#39;t compare.

Mention me if you do make an appointment as I told her I had put her details on a forum.

Let me know how you get on.


OMG Sail9,

I%26#39;ve just read your post, that is awful. I went to Syamsiar Adam in Kuta, it%26#39;s just her and one dental assistant. I had injections but asked for the numbing stuff to be put on my gums and roof of my mouth first. It still hurt but I%26#39;m sure nowhere near as much as if I didn%26#39;t have it.

So sorry to hear about your experience, that%26#39;s just awful.

Sarah

  • cat
  • 1 comment: