Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Canggu area

Hello!



I am traveling with my family (husband and 5 children) and assorted grandparents to Bali in April/May, 2009. We are looking for a large villa at a reasonable price to fit us all (11 people in total). We want somewhere quiet, peaceful but not too far away from beaches, restaurants, shops etc. I like the look of some of the villas in Canggu. This seems like a quiet area where the kids can ride a bike around, play on the beach without too many people trying to sell them sarongs, see a little of normal Balinese life. And yet it is a short drive away from Seminyak/Legian/Kuta area. My question is... will it be too quiet and too far away? Will the taxis into more touristy areas eat up whatever savings I make on being further out? Any thoughts, impressions on the Canggu area greatly appreciated.



-mrsxtro.



Canggu area


canggu is not that far from seminyak,although i dont think it would be walking distance .



I doubt wether it will be too quiet , there is still shopping ect to be done up there .





A lot of villas usually have their own transport , so maybe try to get into one that does .





try googling ';canggu villa sleeps 11 '; you will be surprised how many many come up .





cheers



batt



Canggu area


No, the taxi fares will not eat up any savings you may make on accommodation. there is a Canggu Taxi rank and it only takes about 5 minutes for a taxi to arrive to take you wherever you would like to go once you phone them.



There is %26#39;Canggu%26#39; and %26#39;Canggu%26#39; though - it is quite extensive. If you go to the Echo Beach area it is quite a bit further away than the Brawa area - maybe an extra 10 - 15 minutes by car so just be careful of the part of Canggu that you choose.




Thank you for the information.



The villa we are considering is in an area called %26#39;Kayu Tulang%26#39;. It looks to be east of the Canggu Club and to my uneducated eye actually would seem to be more in the Umalas area than Canggu. Any one know the area I am talking about?



-mrsxtro.




If you tell us the name of the villa you are looking at we may be able to help you more.




It is called Villa 1 Warisan....



baliholidayaccommodation.com/鈥?/a>



I found a map that looked like it is very close to the Antique Spa Gallery and Villa on Jalan Dukuh Indah. That is as much as I know!



-mrsxtro




Anyone know where I can find a decent street map of the Umalas/Canggu area? Apparently the villa I am interested in is on JL Kayu Tulang.



Thanks.



-mrsxtro.




I am also travelling with two families and and staying at Ombak Luwung, anyone know it? I ahve kids of 20-9 will they all be occupied and is it close enough to seminyak?




mrsxtro





did you end up finding out any more on this villa ?



I have just come across it as well , and all i can find on the place is on the site you provided above ... everything else comes up ';cafe warisan';





it seems to cheap to believe though ! hehehe





cheers



batt




Hi Batt.



Yes, it does seem too cheap to believe!!! Which is why I am remaining cautiously skeptical!



The other interesting thing about the villa is that the photos shown are actually of a similar villa called Villa Jajaliluna! Apparently both villas were designed by the same architect, although Villa 1 Warisan is bigger, in that it has an extra 3 bedrooms. The booking agent has been very helpful in answering all my questions and I have booked the villa for a week in April/May 2009. However, I have said I will not pay any money until I see some real photos of the villa. Apparently it is to have its own web site by the end of the year and I said when that is up and I can see exactly what I am paying for only then will I pay any money! Apparently it is also being extended to accommodate up to 17 people and at some stage the price will be increasing to ~ US$1000 a night??? Better book quick to get the cheap price if you are interested!



I have also been in contact with a TA member who says he has stayed there before. He was very helpful and got me layout maps of the villa. I do believe the villa exists (or it is a VERY elaborate hoax involving the booking agent, a TA member, some very well executed villa plans etc.- highly unlikely) but as there is no evidence online of its existence apart from that one web site I will withold both judgment and money at this time.



I will let you know if I hear anymore!



-mrsxtro.




thanx mrsx





i will need a villa for march , i have a friend over there at the moment , i might see if she can get a look at it for us , before i book it .





My worry is that those photos are 20 years old and the place has gone to ruins by now ...lol





the thought of not existing didnt even enter my mind ...hahahahahahaha





if i hear anything i will also let you know .





thanks for replying







cheers



batt

No comments:

Post a Comment