Sunday, April 4, 2010

La Luciola or Seminyak restaurant ideas??

Hello,





We are trying to organise a group dinner for abour 45 people in Seminuyak in August.





Does anyone have an email address for La Luciola or can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in Seminyak/Kerobokan area? (Kudeta is too expensive)





I know of but havent eaten at Living Room? Breeze? Hu%26#39;u Bar? or any other ideas...





Thank you.



La Luciola or Seminyak restaurant ideas??


Hi,





I%26#39;ve eaten at Hu%26#39;u and Living Room but that was quite some time back and if I remember correctly, their prices weren%26#39;t too far from from KuDeTa%26#39;s. Mind you, the last 2 times I went to KuDeTa was for breakfast and tea though, not the meals. I have been there for dinner and lunch and found that they are overpriced and overrated, though the ambience is VERY nice.





What%26#39;s your budget per person?





I have seen groups at Lola, Gado Gado and Kafe Warisan (not that cheap either though).





What about Ketupat? Indon food. Quite nice.





Go to the Inside Pages of Inside Seminyak: Dining Options.



catalyst, another Bali Expert has compiled dining options for the various areas.





I can%26#39;t find the email for La Lucciola, but the fax number and tel no are on this site:



www.balieats.com/sort.cfm?id=193%26cid=MED





Hope this helps.



La Luciola or Seminyak restaurant ideas??


Breeze would be pretty impressive for 45.....you could probably have the place to yourselves....and great ocean views. fFod is dramatically better then Hu%26#39;u. Wine list is only fair.





Gado gado definitely worth considering. Nothing particularly Balinese in their dishes, but new chef team there is very good.





cheers.




Look also at the review of Blossom at Sentosa in www.balieats.com





cheers.




Hi there,



My club held a function for 20 last month at breeze (for lunch) and it was very good,





We had dinner at Gado - gado a few weeks ago and it was absolutely beyond terrible!





Dinner in the garden at Hu would be very pleasant... La Luciola has a private dining room but I have a feeling 45 might be a squeeze... worth checking though ...August is high season so you might encounter some difficulty booking this.. especially if you are planning on having it on a weekend as it will tie up the kitchen..





Can%26#39;t comment on Living Room - some people love it - I went there once a long time ago and it really wasn%26#39;t my thing.... Warisan is nice but there isn%26#39;t much of a rice paddy view anymore - personally I think Hu has more ambience.... there are some great catering companies around now including Warisan, why not ask about possible options they offer - maybe it could be held in your own private outdoor setting?





BTW Lola has sadly closed down.... the head chef is now in Candi dasa!




Lola has closed! :-(



Has the chef gone to a restaurant/hotel in Candidasa?





I would love to be able to live in Bali for a bit, BridgidE! :-)




that makes 2 of us jade ! lol




Hi





Try this Link





http://balieats.com/





Cheers






It took a lot of planning to get here! but yes, we love living here for the most part!



Apparently the Chef from Lola has gone to a hotel in the outskirts Candidasa - I saw a lot of advertising (big banners) for a new French restaurant in one of the hotels when we were there about month ago but didn%26#39;t know then the chef was ex Lola as I would have given it a try for sure! I can%26#39;t remember the name of it off hand but I will dig it out as I am sure I have a card... it is near Alila



We go to Candidasa every month or so with a bunch of expat friends as the snorkeling is good and there are lots of places to stay - alot of expats take short holidays there!




Hi BrigidE,





What a shame your commenst on Gado Gado. I ate there a few times in january, and was more than pleasantly surprised. I am in Bali again next month so I will visit again to confirm.





My current ';hate%26#39; restaurant is Loloan - unbelievable mixture of incompatible tastes and textures.





Did you try Blossom?





cheers




No haven%26#39;t tried Blossom...or heard of it actually! where is it?



We have had lunches on numerous occasions and a couple of dinners at Gado Gado which have been fine, it is often a place we take house guests who have just arrived on a midday flight - as sitting on the deck there overlooking the beach is rather pleasant for a casual lunch - However our last dinner experience there was beyond bad... %26#39;raw%26#39; rissotto, greasy fried prawns etc nobody at our table had a satisfactory meal! considering the price range for dinner is not budget - I can think of many other places I would rather eat!



Loloan - well! we tried to eat there once when it first opened - got shown a table and no one came to us for over 20 minutes so we walked out and went to La Luciola - better view and the menu at Loloan didn%26#39;t really entice me to give it a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment