Sunday, April 4, 2010

Getting to Tanjung Puting Natl Park

Hi,





I think my first message had the wrong subject heading, so am trying again...





I%26#39;m planning my first trip to Indonesia this June, and want to visit Camp Leakey in Tanjung Puting Natl Park to see the orangutans. I%26#39;ll be arriving in Java and am trying to find a schedule for the Pelni ships that sail to Kumai in Borneo from Jakarta or Semerang. I found the Pelni website, but they only have routes not schedules.





Is this something I can book ahead or do I have to wait till I get there?





I want to take a ship because 1) I think it would be fun and 2) I%26#39;m a little worried about flying because it would have to be on an Indonesian airline, and as I understand it they don%26#39;t meet international safety regulations. Or am I wrong and some of them are okay?





Any advice from anyone who%26#39;s been to Camp Leakey with details of how you got there would be much appreciated!





Thanks,





Leslie



Reply to this post

No comments:

Post a Comment